Occasions when I tend to die a little:
- When I hear something extremely funny.
- When I’m very ill.
- When someone is ridiculously cute and/or endearing [could be human or animal].
- When I hear great music.
- When I lose someone dear to me.
- When I experience incredible art.
- During good sex.
- When something amazes me so hard that my brain explodes.
Following up on that last bullet point: surprise your own brain and check out this podcast with cognitive psychologist Donald Hoffman (a real treat, especially for The Matrix fans):